Gauge Plugs & Probes – 1600 Series
1600 Series – Gauge Plugs & Probes
The Taylor Gauge Plug and Probe System™ has been a standard in the oil field since 1959. Taylor Gauge Plugs are found on well heads, flow lines, pressure vessels – where accurate pressures are required. They are also used on water purification systems, steel mills, and chemical and manufacturing plants throughout the world.
The small area of the stainless needle means that only a 6 lb. push per 1,000 psi in the system is required to force the probe into the Gauge Plug® and open the valve. Lock-On-Probes are recommended where the pressure or sample device is to be mounted onto the Gauge Plug® or where the pressure on the Gauge Plug® exceeds 5,000 psi.
- Troubleshoot complicated hydraulic or pneumatic circuits during operation without breaking pressure in lines.
- Sample line fluids in seconds.
- Gauge corrosive fluids or sour gas with safety.
- Calibrate or test the accuracy of fixed pressure gauges or meters.
ADVANTAGES OF THE GAUGE PLUG & PROBE SYSTEMTM
- Seal is bubble tight.
- Metal to metal seat plus elastomer seal.
- All Stainless Steel construction.
- Take pressure readings in seconds.
- Mesh screen filters debris which eliminates potential clogs.
- The probe does not need lubricant prior to probing.
- Reduced chance of gauge loss due to theft or vandalism.
- Eliminates excessive wear on expensive, delicate gauges due to harsh environments, vibration, pressure pulsation or mechanical shock.